MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Transplant

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Transplant

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Deborah Young
    Participant

I have MDS high risk and am considering a bone marrow transplant. What hospitals do the most MDS-realted transplants?

Cheryl Tardiff
    Participant

My father in 2008 had his done in U of C, Chicago. Please be fully informed of all complications. My father unfortunately rejected marrow. This was 8 yrs ago.

rar
    Participant

Probably Dana Farber followed by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. It was not a criteria that I used in selecting a transplant hospital. There are other factors in my mind that were more important.

Ray

Anonymous
    Inactive

BMT InfoNet maintains a list of centers that perform blood stem cell transplants in the US and Canada which includes information on diseases treated, the number of transplants performed, accreditation and contact information. You can access the list online at http://www.bmtinfonet.org/transplantcenters or phone 888-597-7674 for the information.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert