MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Two Years Today

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Two Years Today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Terri

Today it marks the 2year anniversary from Bobs diagnosis. I think is that good or is that bad. Good that he has made it this far which scares the crap out of me, and Bad that he has to battle this terrible disease. He doesn’t talk about it much but I know it is on his mind he has been having a lot of dreams lately about death and dying. He always says I would like another 10 years (and I am screaming inside I want More whats wrong with 20, 30, Ok so that would put us in our 80’s and 90’s but why not shoot for the moon).
    I look at pictures and see what a toll this disease has taken on him, and on the other hand for having this disease he is doing rather well.
    I am like a roller coaster up and down.

I am grateful and feel so blessed that I have found this forum and the members. A place I know everyone will understand all of my feelings as you are riding that roller coaster with me.

Sandy M

Terri,
    It’s really a GREAT thing that it’s been two yrs. since Bob’s dx. I remember when you first joined our forum family, so scared and confused but still clear headed enough to gain insight and knowledge into how the roller coaster works…and “you did it girl” !!! you’ve made informed choices and put your knowledge to work…look how far you and Bob have come, yes, your still fighting the fight, but your able to stay a few steps ahead with the help of your Dr.’s
    sounds like a celebration is in order !
    P.S.
    thank you for helping us by sharing your knowledge and experiences, your very much appriciated smile

Donna

Hi Terri, You know what? – you have every reason to celebrate, and every reason to be scared. Illness is always scary, the not knowing for sure what’s going to happen is unbearable. Bob sounds like he is doing well, enjoy each day, none of us know what tomorrow will bring. Sounds like those vitamins and supplements are doing their job – that’s fabulous.
    Keep thinking good thoughts Terri!

Cheers,
    Donna

Bec

Dear Terri,

Two years is great. We are hitting the five year mark. We all feel blessed for every day. I already wrote you in my update post but I have Dad juicing pineapples. One little step at a time. I hope to get him more into “natural” soon.

Thanks for all your help.

Bec

margota1

Terrie, I know just how you feel. We will have 2 yrs. in come Sept. The ups and downs are so draining. I use to laugh a young couples who would say “we are going to have a baby”. Not any more for you see, we have MDS. Most of the time I have it more than Lee. For the most part, he has delegated this to me and off he goes with his life. I do look at this as a blessing. Some folks get a phone call that their love one is gone but we are having time to know just how wonderful each day together is. The kids are all over he country but they give him (us) so much from where they are in calls, notes, pictures. Yep this is one heck of a thing to have but for today I have Lee and now that I’ve found you all, I have you!

Sandy L

Terri,

So glad that Bob is back on the drug that is helping him. What do you do to help keep his spirits up? Bring the grandchildren over!

Thank you for the doctor recommendation. I only pray that we are lucky enough to get a doctor as nice and as knowledgeable as your hematologist.

I hope to talk to you over the week-end.

Sandy

Terri

Thank you all for the support, I am blessed and Bob & I are enjoying each day. His spirits are Good, I got to say His faith and prayers have gotten him through a lot. I cherish my moments in Church for that added time to Thank God for each and every one of the blessing he has bestowed on me.

Margo, I know how you feel, we are all in this together.
    Sandy keep me posted and Hope the visit to the doctor is promising.
    God Bless all

Dear Terri, I am glad that you and Bob can celebrate a two yr mark. Walt and I only got to 21 months and I can’t believe it will soon be a year since his passing. You are right to call it a roller coaster experience, it kept us guessing all the time. Now a different kind of roller coaster explains the emotions. Most of the time I can praise God for having given us the 48 yrs together and sometimes do wish we could have had more. At least we have no regrets, we loved each other and shared a faith in God. It is sometimes in church that I miss Walt most, holding his hand and sharing our prayers. The children and grandbabies are my main blessing now. I check in with the MDS list every now and then and remember the comfort that all of you were to me. God bless. Marie

Terri

Marie, Thank you for your kind words, It seems our faith is also getting us through this and we turn to God so often. It is a blessing to have children and Grandbabies around. We are just experiencing the thrill of our first grandchild.
    I think of you often and even though you don’t post as much, understandable, just know we are there with you.

Kathryn

Hey Terri, 2 years is definitely good!! Congrats. on your first grandchild!!! smile Though I have many years before I am a grandparent, it is something that I so look forward to!! Little rays of sunshine… angels from heaven. I have relied on my faith as well… It truly helps you through… gives you hope. It is such a rollercoaster ride, but keep those positive thoughts in the front of your mind! Celebrate life!

With Love,

Kathryn

sarah

Terri, thinking of you and Bob tonight. Glad all is well, hope it continues. I too am thankful for all our blessings and grateful for each one of you on this forum, you are on in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sarah

Terri

Thanks Sarah, Tonight we are bracing for the storm that is headed our way, and actually headed right for our area, I am awaiting the arival of my dauther and grandson as my son in law works for the local newspaper and has to work. We will all huddle together. It should not be that bad has it has not hit Hurricane speed yet. Today we went for Bob’s vidaza and they weren’t going to give it to him as they were closing early and closed tomorrow. But his CBC showed his wbc hovering close to 14, so I insisted to get it into his system as he jumped 5 pts since last week and I did not want him to go any higher then that from today through Monday when this storm passes and they reopen. I There is so little info on the Vidaza i figured if the blast were creeping up maybe the drug would not respond.

sarah

I was watching the storm head your way on news last night and was concerned how you were doing. Hope it passes quickly with no problems for you and your family. Stay huddled and stay safe. Talk to you soon.

April

Hi Terry ~ I haven’t been here for a while but to see this post really put a smile on my face! That is just great about Bob! You are such a strong person and you have no clue as to how much you and everyone else helped me thru the tough times with my mom. I will keep praying for you and that the Lord will keep You and Bob strong for many many years to come!

Terri

Well The storm Missed out area and hit about 40-50 Miles south of us at the Miami Dade/ Ft Lauderdale Broward line. ( I have to write Kate she is in the area to see how she made out)
    We lost power and the night was rough for Bob very hot, Lost the power around 4 in the afternoon and it did not come back on until about 3 in the morning and I had to get up for work. Bob was able to rest today but I hate he missed his next dose of vidaza and has to wait til Monday. I hope his wbc start coming down.
    APril your words are very warming.
    Thanks for the concern Sara. How is Charlie doing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert