MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update (since Terri asked :))

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Update (since Terri asked :))

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Things are still going very well for my father. He’s getting stronger and they’re actively looking for a rehab center to transfer him to. It has to be hospital-based (for transfusions and such) so I guess that’s the difficulty.

He hasn’t had a fever but he does have an abcess that they’re keeping an eye on.

He’s a mixture of ornery and positivity. He doesn’t want to do more in terms of physical therapy than he has to. But he goes at his actual PT sessions with passion. He’s also very concerned about what will happen at the rehab center and when he gets home. He doesn’t like change and he really trusts this hospital.

He’s worried about what will happen when he goes home because my mom has to work long shifts. I just told him to take it day-by-day and it will all work itself out.

I’m leaving in a week to see him for his birthday so I hope that will lift his spirits for a little while, at least smile .

Thanks for asking and for your concern.
    Love,
    Carrie

ButchL
    Participant

That sounds great Carrie! Say hi when you get here even if just on the phone……

Butch

Terri

Glad to hear the news Carrier, Hope he has a good birthday.

Sandy L

Hi Carrie,

Happy Birthday wishes to your Dad.

DonUK

Carrie, my very best wishes to you and your father.

Give him a great birthday !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert