MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vaccines and MDS ; Traveling To The Amazon

Home forums Patient Message Board Vaccines and MDS ; Traveling To The Amazon

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Martin Osete 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Martin Osete
    Participant

Hi~ mi GF invited me to travel with her to celebrate her 45 Bday in the amazon river. I am 55 Yr and was diagnosed with MDS on August 2017. Since then i been trying to eat really healthy and avoid stress as much as possible. My platelets count are at 39, Hemoglobin at 9.9 and WBC 2.6 RBC 2.85 …..From 2012 till 2017 i practically live my life eating organic cold pressed juices for breakfast and at lunch time i will have a protein shake (plant base-pea protein) and a substantial dinner like grilled organic chicken and a salad….i was and avid hiker and used to practice yoga at least 5 times a week. Today i cant performed any of my favorites activities since i end up with no energy to due anything else during the day and of course i have to work to make a living. I am concern to travel to Amazon due of the immunizations they are suggesting i have to apply before my travel. Does anyone have experiencing adverse reactions by applying vaccines with MDS?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert