MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Venetoclax

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Venetoclax

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Sheesley
    Participant

My husband is starting 4th round of inqovi, procrit and zarxio weekly injections. His bm biopsy shows no improvement. Dr is prescribing Venetoclax. Does anyone have any literature or research on this? Thank you for your assistance. Hoping to begin transplant procedure soon.

Amy S.
    Participant

The Venetoclax is very effective but the dosage is tricky. I was on azacitidine for 3 cycles with no effect. Then the doctor added Venetoclax. After a month, my biopsy showed the blasts reduction but my blood counts dropped to very low number. Eventually, he reduced the Venetoclax dosage by 75% and also shortened the length when it was taken. My blood counts improved and have been normal for several months. I think you can googled “ventoclax” or its brand name “Venclexta” and should get many hits on the manufacturer’s site.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert