MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza no longer effective

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Vidaza no longer effective

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EVERETT VAN HOESEN
    Participant

So sorry to hear that your Vidaza seems to no longer be effective. I have just completed my 22nd month and will be getting my CBC this morning. Hopefully, everything will be OK. While I am at it, I would like to mention that we have one lady being treated here who had the same experience you are but was very pleased to go back on stream whilst continuing taking of Vidaza.She is now beyond three years.

Barbara Hunter
    Participant

Are you saying Vidaza stopped working for the lady but began working again later?

Diana
    Participant

Barbara,
    I was not able to post for a while.
    Sorry to hear about the decreasing blood counts.
    What are the numbers?
    Did your husband ever have his blood Vit D checked?
    It is best in the mid reference range 30 – 100 ng/ml

There are a lot of new information about Vit D and Cancer prevention the last ten or so years.

http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?p=52417#post52417
    Please also check the blood copper/zinc.
    I had severe diarrhea in July 2017(MDS dx Sep 2017). The stomach upset probably made copper deficiency worse and affected my MDS downward.
    I happened to eat more copper rich food while taking Vidaza. I suspect I was copper deficiency, and its possible both more copper and Vidaza helped me.

It will not hurt to check this out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert