MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza treatment

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Vidaza treatment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aureta
    Participant

Will be starting first treatments of Vidaza. Would like input on what to expect. Have low MDS effecting red blood cells only. Was diagnosed 7 months ago.

Paul Dyer
    Participant

If you get sick/feel ill, ask for zofran. It is a common anti nausea med. Otherwise vidaza is pretty well tolerated. How often will you be treated?

emily59
    Participant

I agree with Paul but I’d add talking to your doc about taking the zolfran ahead of time. I had one dose of vidaza w/o nausea meds and got VERY sick. They ended up giving me anti-nausea meds via IV.

You can get zolfran in a form that goes under your tongue and works really fast. I took it 30 min. before treatment and all the rest on the cycles went ok. I usually felt exhausted during treatment week and for 2 days following vidaz, then ok for the rest of the month.

During that week I would take day 1 off from work, then work the rest of the week. Thank heavens for zolfran.

Aureta
    Participant

I believe I will get 1 shot daily of Vidaza for 5 days once a month. I am still receiving Aranesp once a week but so far seems to have stopped working. Thanks for tips to help with the Vidaza.

Lorraine Kozlowski
    Participant

Why the need for chemo?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert