MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Wanted to tell everyone hello

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Wanted to tell everyone hello

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    geebeebee

Best of wishes, Doreen. We’ll all be rooting for you.

Greg

doreen

I have 2 more nights of the ARA-C. It is with me day and night. I try to think of it as my friend and envision it killing the bad cells. All of you are so supportive and such unselfish people. Thank you so much for your support. I will let you know how I do. You are all so so special.

martin

Doreen,
    Good luck!I know felling of chemo just my wife finished 1st chemo.keep good mood would be help for your treatment!
    martin

Suzanne

Doreen, Thinking about you. Hoping those blasts just disappear with that Ara c and knowing just how you feel about wanting out of there. Hang in there. Your own bed is waiting. I still treasure opening my window at night and listening to wind and the sound of rain. I am not sure I will ever take those small things for granted again.

concern

Doreen,

Prayers, Prayers and many more prayers for your recovery. Praying for you.

Concern

Kathy G

Doreen hope all is well with you please post when you can – was thinking about you today.

doreen

First of all Kathryn, thank you for thinking of me and Suzanne for your support and knowledge and for everyone for all their good wishes and prayers. I was done with my chemo on Wedesday. The week went by so easily so they sent me home on Thursday. By the time I got home on thursday, that night I was so sick with a fever and stomach cramps. I went in early on Friday morning with my blood tests and they re-admitted me. I felt so terrible. They hooked me up to antibiotics and its now Sunday and I am starting to finally feel like myself. My white count is only .4 so they want to keep me on antibiotics until that goes up. I hope that does not take another 2 weeks??!! any one know? I know it varies with everyone but I want to go back home so bad. Thoughts of you call and hoping this finds you happy and well. Doreen

Kathy G

Hang in there – sounds like there are better days coming. Those antibiotics can do wonders in a short time for how you feel – hope they kick in soon. Take care and keep us posted on your progress.

Kathy

Suzanne

Doreen, hang in there girl. You must have twisted someone’s arm to get out with such a low white count. They always had a target for me before they would even consider it. Been a while, but I think I remember 500-or .5 depending on how they express the #’s- neutrophils at a minimum. Running a fever and getting infections is pretty much par for the course and to be expected when they take your white count down like that. Keep in sight that we hope they killed those diseased blasts off so you will be eligible for your transplant. Hoping for the best.

Kathryn

Hey Doreen, I am so sorry you had to go back to the hospital. I said some extra prayers for you this morning! smile I hope that your stay is a short one!!!! Keep your positive outlook and I’m sure you’ll be home in no time.

Sending you hugs, love and best wishes,

Kathryn

KP2112

Doreen,

I hope you are well and feeling alright. Just think of when your blasts are down and look toward the future and the potential of a transplant. Just think of all the challenges people go through in this forum. You will get through this.

Kind Regards,
    Karen P.

doreen

Hello.. I am back out of the hospital. I had C-diff, an intestinal infection. Whew! glad they semi have that out of control. Home again. Neutropenbic, and impatiently waiting for those counts to come up and being very careful! Kathyrn, thanks for the little extra. It must have helped. Good news is that the chemo did get rid of the blasts but need to take another one when my counts come back up. Bad news is that my hair is thinning very quickly!!! Smiling today and glad I am alive. Thanks everyone for your support!

doreen

Hello.. I am back out of the hospital. I had C-diff, an intestinal infection. Whew! glad they semi have that out of control. Home again. Neutropenbic, and impatiently waiting for those counts to come up and being very careful! Kathyrn, thanks for the little extra. It must have helped. Good news is that the chemo did get rid of the blasts but need to take another one when my counts come back up. Bad news is that my hair is thinning very quickly!!! Smiling today and glad I am alive. Thanks everyone for your support!

Terri

wishing you the best, Continued prayers.

Suzanne

Doreen, When the hair starts to go it is a blessing to just get rid of it-otherwise you shed all over the place!I had mine shaved off. It will go again with the second round anyway. nice thing is it does come back -sometimes different. Mine is thicker and much darker-no curls to my great regret. I actually loved not worrying about it and getting to try out a super short style I had never had the nerve to do-found out men’s lives are so much simpler-shower and go! I had no hair cuts to pay for and did not touch a blow dryer for months. So glad your blasts are gone. Hope you have some smooth sailing from here.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert