MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

WBC Pill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VA Gal

Does any one know of a pill to reduce the WBC? If so, what’s it name? The dr said she might put mom on it, but mom doesn’t know what it is. Her WBC is headed back up.

Thanks

Harold

The drug could be hydroxyurea (Hydrea), commonly used in certain leukemias to reduce the number of white blood cells.

VA Gal

Harold,

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

Good to see your blast count is down. Hope things continue to go well for the BMT.

I see that you had 25% blasts in Aug. I’m trying to determine if mom has AML. She can’t have a BMB, but the lastest blood work shows blasts at 47%. Do you know what blast percentage in the blood indicates AML?

LorettaV

to VA Gal,
    according to WHO (world health organization) if a person has above 20% blasts, then they are classified with AML.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert