MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

We are so confused…..

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board We are so confused…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Barb1962

Good morning,
    Would like to say that this site has been so informative and I also told Dr. Letendre that he was on the MDS site as “Centers of Excellence”. He smiled and said “He didn’t know that”. Anyway, they are now questioning whether husband has MDS or not. The blood counts and Chromosome testing is just not the way they should be for MDS. They just aren’t sure what’s wrong. Before this last appt. his hemoglobin was dropping and that was the only thing I noticed that was off. But now I guess there are other counts that are off including his platelets that are dropping. They are wondering if all this has to do with his bone marrow and non-hodgkins lymphoma. He received a blood transfusion, he feels a little better, but he said he thought he would feel better then he is. I’m not sure how long a transfusion takes to make you feel better. His white count is 120, but they say that’s because he had his spleen removed. This Tues he will go back to mayo and have a chest x-ray and CT. I guess we wait and see. The up’s and down’s of this disease is mind boggling.

Barb

sarah

Good Morning Barb,
    I agree the up’s and down’s are mind boggling. Maybe you will know more after next weeks appointment. Take it one day at a time.Hope he feels better soon.
    Sarah

Hi Barb,

Hope they get their Dx worked out and it isn’t MDS! On the transfusion time, I begin to feel better almost immediately. The day after, I feel like m other self before MDS and it is great. This lasts for a few days and then the Tx starts to wear off. I generally have to start thinking about another one in 6 to 8 weeks, sometimes longer sometimes shorter. It depends on the numbers I see from my CBC’s and the general way I feel. My Drs usually let me decide when I need them, though not always.

Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert