MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS with periodical fever (about all 3-4 days)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS with periodical fever (about all 3-4 days)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sascha

Hello,

I write here for my aunt, which has no internet connection. I´m from germany and beg for pardon, but my english isn´t very well.

My aunt is 62 years old and she became for 13 years the medicament “Neo Recormon” because of here bad hemoglobin value in the dose of 2.000 up to 5.000 iE per week. This worked good up to a half year ago. Then she became fever all 3 to 4 days in combination with a hemoglobin value about 5,6 to 8. The dose “Neo Recromon” was increased to 30.000 iE!!! per week but the hemoglobin value is still to little (about 10). And this value is going down fast the next days in combination with the fever.
    The fever can get down with a febrifuge (Paracetamol) but after 3 to 4 days its comming again.
    My aunts state of health is getting worth with every fever attack.

Is there anyone who has had this case? Or did anybody knows a therapy?

Thank you very much for your answers.
    Sascha

Suzanne

Has her doctor looked to see if she has an infection somewhere?

patti

Sascha,

Suzanne is right. Usually a fever indicates an infection somewhere in the body. If she has an infection that’s why she’s getting worse with the fevers. Her doctor’s should be able to do some blood work, ask her questions, check any ports or picc lines she might have. Anything that could possibly be a source of infection should be checked.

Wishing you well,

patti

lynette

Sascha,
    Has your aunt been given a diagnosis? Fevers are very common with almost all bone marrow disorders, particularly the acute ones. Usually, fever alone indicates infection. However, the fever in conjunction with a falling hemoglobin might indicate a bone marrow disorder.
    Lynette

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert