MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

2 years today

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board 2 years today

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Marsha

Hello,
    2 years ago today I had my BMT. I am doing great; still dealing with some GVHD in my mouth and skin and eyes. But other than that I had my checkup. One of the blood tests did show that I do have GVH still. Other than that I’m fine. Started my vaccines except for the live viruses ones can’t take because of GVH. I celebrated this 2 years with going to the Bob Seger concert. Boy, I hope I can rock like that when I’m 61. I hope that those that are going thru or starting this journey have hope and strength it is a long one but it can be done. Take care and God Bless.

Marsha

Jack_dup1

Hi Marsha,
    Congrats, it has been a quick two years although I’m sure it didn’t always seem so to you. It is so great to hear good news. Glad you enjoyed Seger, you just can’t beat that “Old Time Rock N Roll”
    Jack

JaniceR

Congratulatons Marsha! We tried getting tickets yesterday (on-line)for Segar at MSG but got locked out. What a GREAT way for you to celebrate!

riley

Congratulations, Marsha! I’m glad you were able to celebrate your “birthday” in such a fun way!

Your success story gives hope to so many others here. I remember that when I was new to MDS and this board, and I was so scared, you were one of the first ones to write to me and calm some of my fears. We’re blessed to have you here.

Nicole

sandra m

Marsha,
    ” YOU GO GIRL ” smile I went to a Lynard Skynard concert back in Aug. and wasn’t sure if I could stand and rock for as long as I use too, but I made it and had a blast….but…Bob Seger, there’s a cool one, happy 2nd. year and I’ll tip my glass to you with a poem…

Marsha, Marsha … here’s to going on year number three,
    Marsha, Marsha, you’re C.M.M.L “FREE”

J.claire

Dear Marsha,
    CONGRATULATIONS!! You were one of the first to offer me encouragment when I found this forum a few weeks ago. I’m so happy for you that you have reached this two-year milestone. Thanks for sharing your optimistic outlook and positive experience. What would you say are some of the important things you have learned from all you have gone through? Here’s to many many more anniversaries.

shirlsgirl

Congratulations Marsha!! smile

Jody

Terri

Just wonderderful news, God bless

sarah

What a blessing. Wonderful update. Cherish each day.

ButchL
    Participant

That is so nice to hear!

Jimbob

Marsha,
    Happy birthday! It is good to hear that you are able to enjoy a old time rock and roll concert like that to celebrate the new times. Now get going and kick that GVHD in the butt!
    Jim

frank
    Participant

Marsha,

Congratulations, enjoy you life.

Frank

geebeebee

Marsha, haven’t been here in a long time, but wandered in today…congratulations on your milestone, and I couldn’t be happier that you’re doing well!

This time of year, I think of when you and my Mom had the SCT done at nearly at the same time. I know it has hardly been an easy battle, but I do hope it gets easier as time passes.

I’m sure you’re an inspiration to those who are battling MDS, and hoping to overcome it. You are proof that it can be done.

Best wishes to all of you in your respective fights,

Greg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert