MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

POSTIVE FOR CMV CYTOMEGALOVIRUS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board POSTIVE FOR CMV CYTOMEGALOVIRUS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Park
    Participant

Has anyone tested positive (when screening for sct match), for cytomegalovirus Ab,IgG, S and went on to have a stem cell transplant?

I have read articles that discuss the virus (once you have it will always show), and how it can become reactivated after stem cell transplant.

Appreciate any info anyone might be able to share.

Thank yoU.

stacey
    Participant

Susan,
    I am negative for CMV.
    I was just looking at the Acor.org website under BMT-Talk list recently, because it was recommended on this forum years ago.
    Since you actually need to register for that site and then subscribe to a particular list (a 2 step process), I am going to paraphrase (for privacy of poster) what I saw on that site for you from posts I was just reading about CMV from 2014:

1. Person A posted they were CMV+, treated a long time ago (late 80’s or early 90’s), believe CMV was common, and at a point was treated with some kind of antiviral meds but didn’t know when exactly.
    2. Person B posted that their relative was scheduled for a transplant, tested beforehand positive in blood, eye for the CMV virus and was then started on antiviral IV.
    3. Person C had CMV after transplant and was treated with glanciclovier and said that was the only proper treatment for it at that time.
    4. Person D said was CMV+ prior to transplant. Transplant went smoothly then CMV detected in blood after transplant and treated with meds. Does not mention type of meds. Said doctor continues checking for virus, but since treated not detected, doing great about six months after transplant.

Hope this helps in some way. Best wishes.
    -Stacey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert