MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

20 Year Old Cat Gets Owner Through Two Bone Marrow Transplants

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board 20 Year Old Cat Gets Owner Through Two Bone Marrow Transplants

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Derek Fakehany
    Participant

My cat, Walter, passed away a couple weeks ago at age 20. In the last three years, he was my wife’s “rock” while I battled MDS/AML and spent 6 months hospitalized for two bone marrow transplants and over 100 blood and platelet transfusions. He kept things together and we miss him greatly. We put together a video of his life, along with my fight. Having something to fight for has been instrumental in my recovery.

https://youtu.be/tWS5oJCYmIo

Donna
    Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are such an important part of our families. It looks like you and your wife gave him a great life! I’m glad you are doing good as far as your health.

Derek Fakehany
    Participant

Thanks so much, Donna. Very important part of our family that’s for sure. One of my doctors actually encouraged my wife and I to get rid of our cats when I was diagnosed. Yeah, right, same as someone else being told they need to give up their kids.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert