MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

ATG Cyclosporine

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board ATG Cyclosporine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bobweinberg

Has anyone out there gone through immunosuprresive thereapy with ATG/Cyclosporine for MDS? Next week is my 13th anniversay since diagnosis. I am RARS, IPPS Low to Intermidate Risk – blasts < 5%, trisomy 21, hypercellular marrow and HLADR15 negative. I have received over 650 units of RBC’s and have a ferritin level of 620 thanx to Exjade (2,500 mg daily). I’ve been through many treatment regimens with no response, including Procrit/Neupogen and Revlimid. Vidaza worked for 5 months. Transfusion frequency is every 9-10 days with about 6 units per month.

ATG/Cyclosporine is typically given to Aplastic Anemia patients and MDS patients with hypocellular marrow. My marrow is hypercellular. Also, those who test positive for HLADR15 are known to have better response rate. I am negative for that antigen. I would be appreciative of hearing of any experinece with this treatment.

choijk

Bob i haven’t heard of this medication, but have you ever had any problems with your spleen due to the blood transfusions?
    How’s your other blood lines? plts or wbc?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert