MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

TP53 AML and disease progression

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board TP53 AML and disease progression

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bexar2120
    Participant

We have decided to let AML run its’ natural course. I have a variant with minimal success for “long term” survival. I currently receive treatment at a cancer Center of Excellence. We have unsuccessfully tried 2 National Clinical Trials – so, difficult decision had to be made. We met with the Oncologist today and of note, my WBC count has been rising these last two weeks. Fortunately, no blood/platelet transfusions have been required. My question to Oncologist was what are signs/symptoms that lead to Hospice care. Response is when you are unable to perform activities of daily living, loss of appetite, fatigue, shortness of breath. Currently researching hospice company’s for the near future.
    So, listen to your healthcare team, inform yourself about your condition. Enjoy the remaining days that we have!

Janet
    Participant

That is a tough decision to make. Thank you for sharing the strength that you have. Hugs to both of you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert