MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Beaumont or Karmanos Ctr for Ex Anyone?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Beaumont or Karmanos Ctr for Ex Anyone?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lydia

Has anyone went to Karmanos Center for Excellence in Detroit or Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan? Mom is up north in Michigan and these are the closest. She doesn’t want to travel but soon will have no choice.

Thanks much!

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Lydia,

My husband has been seen twice at Karmanos in their transplant department….once in 2001 and again in 2006 I believe. They were basically evaluating his health history and giving him their opinion of his options. They did the testing to see if his sister was a match – she is a perfect 10/10 match, but he is not considering that option at this time. He doesn’t doctor from Karmanos. He just used it as a place for a second opinion. They were very thorough and accomodating there.

I don’t know if this helps. I don’t have any experience with Beaumont, but the advertising they do, they seem to be on the cutting edge.

Best wishes for your mother.

Lydia

Thanks Mary for info. Hope your husband improves. We just have to keep trying this and than that.

We are taking her to Univerity of Michigan in Ann Arbor Friday. Will let everyone know what they say. Am going to ask them about Karmanos and Beaumont if I think it won’t insult them – especially if they don’t have any ideas for mom.

Will let all know if we go to Kar or Beau. Thanks again.

Zoe

I can’t really address your issue, but it was kind of neat seeing William Beaumont in Royal Oak. My son was born there over 30 years ago. Gosh, how time flies.

Zoe

Lydia

How time flies for sure. Also – it sure is a small world !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert