MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Brother in ICU with Sepsis

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Brother in ICU with Sepsis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I am posting this on behalf of my mom (Walden’s Wife) and requesting prayers for my brother Christopher. He has been in the hospital since September going through another round of chemo for his Leukemia. The next step was to prepare him for a stem cell transplant and my other brother who is the perfect match donor is scheduled to fly up tomorrow to begin the process. However, as of yesterday Chris was moved to ICU and is now diagnosed with Sepsis. My mother was a frequent writer on this message board during my Dad’s battle with MDS and Leukemia last year, and I know she has also shared details regarding my brother’s illness. She is currently at the hospital with my brother and unable to post. But I know if she could she would be asking for prayers. Thank you for your support and kindness.

Caroline

My heartfelt prayers are with Christopher and your entire family.

God Bless,

Caroline

sdrake

Know that you and your family are in my prayers. Others do care and prayers are answered. Stay strong.

eve

please know that all our thoughts and prayers are with your brother and your family

eve

Harold

I’ll be praying for Christopher’s speedy recovery and for the family as you all face this crisis. Keep the faith.

Marsha

Your mom was such a help to me when I was first DX’d. So if there is not much I can do physically for her and Chris and your family, I will pray they get the Sepsis under control, and head for transplant. My prayers are with you will move Chris to the top of my list, I do that when I feel someone needs xtra prayers. God Bless you, hugs to your mom, and I wish only good things for Chris Marsha

gemloyear

I will be praying for Chris and his family. I hope that he will be well soon so that he may have his transplant.
    Ellie

Sandy L

Wishing you the best of luck. I hope that he recovers wuickly. I will be praying for him.

diner

I will definitely put Chris on the top of my prayer list. I know from experience that prayers are answered and I will pray for God’s healing hand on Chris. Don’t give up. Dee

Terri

Prayers Continue, I hope Things start getting brighter for your family.

God Bless

Marsha

My prayers still continue for Chris and for all who are battling this disease.

God Bless, Marsha

al’s wife
    Participant

My prayers are with you and your family.

Lynn

Jimbob

I don’t think that I am the only one to read and not be able to post at times. Even though we do not always get something posted, know that there are many, many more people supporting Chris and your family. My hopes and prayers continue for Chris’ recovery and your family’s ability to continue supporting him as well as you have. I think it is sometimes harder on the family than it is on the patient. At my worst I was not aware what was going on but my family was almost overwhelmed.

Carrie

Jimbob, I just want to concur with what you said about it being worse for the family. My father had no recollection of his experience on the ventilator and bipap. He was very, very sick and it took him a while to know what was going on for days even after he came off the respirator. It’s a blessing that he didn’t remember. I know that it would have scared him. I only hope that he wasn’t aware of the changes in his body on his last days, also. I know he knew we were there on his last day but I hope that was the extent of it smile .

Walden’s daughter, I hope that your brother is doing better and we’ll hear good news soon.

Love,
    Carrie

sarah

Prayers and our thoughts are with you and your family.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert