MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Clolar

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Caroline

Dad and I just got back from his Oncologist’s visit. He has only had 2 shots of Eprex/Procrit and so far the Dr. is satisfied. He said that he didn’t expect a miracle after only 2 shots but so far Dad’s hemoglobin didn’t drop any further. In fact, it went from 99 to 102 in 3 weeks. He would like to see it land at 110 and stay there.

Then Dr. said that he is working on a plan for Dad to start Clolar (Clofarabine). It is not available in Canada at all and is usually only used on children with certain types of Leukemia in other countries with much success. I am pretty sure that was what he said. I had so much information that I was trying to absorb that I may have muddled some of it up.

Have any of you ever heard of this drug or experienced it? We have to go back in November to find out if the Dr. has had any success in obtaining it for Dad.

Thanks ahead,

Caroline

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert