MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Confused about MDS ?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Confused about MDS ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    haider ali
    Participant

hi
    I hope all of you will be healthy and happy, May God bless you
    I am Ali, I am a bit confused about MDS.My father got a bone marrow biopsy done and it concluded that there was suggestion of Myelodysplastic syndrome and we were told to get his cytogenetics done to find out the deletion
    upon doing so and receiving the results, it revealed that there was no deletion in 5q,7q and other genes too
    It only revealed megaloblastic anaemia
    I am now confused that what are we supposed to do next?
    can anybody help out?

mdsfound

Thank you for your sharing information regarding your father’s health. I know this is a difficult situation for you and I would recommend that you take your father to one of our Centers of Excellence in MDS for a second opinion. Following is a link to our Centers of Excellence worldwide https://www.mds-foundation.org/mds-centeres-of-excellence/. I hope this information helps. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate us at patientliaison@mds-foundation.org.

emily59
    Participant

I have MDS-2 with no chromosomal abnormalities. I’m recently diagnosed and being seen at one of the Centers for Excellence. Good luck to you and your father.

haider ali
    Participant

Thanks emily for your concern
    Can you tell me a bit more about what to expect and what management are you taking regarding this ?

Rich
    Participant

I’m in the same boat..I posted earlier in the week and I can’t find answers.

emily59
    Participant

Haider – You need to look at the link posted by the moderator which shows US states and international locations that specialize in MDS. Ask your local doctor for a referral to the nearest one. Local doctor SHOULD get you an appointment and send your slides and all related info. You will go to appointment at the great hospital. They will look over the date and tell you a good treatment plan. I’m not medical so I don’t know if you (or your dad…I can’t recall) would be in a “wait and watch” category, or might need some form of chemo, or what. That’s the doctors are for. Good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert