MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Confused – NEW diagnosis low grade Myelodysplastic Neoplasm

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Confused – NEW diagnosis low grade Myelodysplastic Neoplasm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alissa Searcy
    Participant

Had bone marrow biopsy 5 weeks ago (Jan 2024). Confused by .08% sideroblastic blasts, but )”no increased blasts” otherwise. Have been unwell with iron deficiency anemia. Lymphopenia, hypogammaglobulinemia requires monthly IVIG Infusions. Suffer from severe EPSTEIN BARR VIRUS, debilitating shortness of breath, low RBCs, etc. Fatigue is debilitating to point I barely get through the day (even after forced retirement from anemia). I’m terrified because hematology is not treating me. Nor are they even interested in my well-being. I rely on primary doctor and other physicians instead. How do I get taken seriously with MNS? Thank you!!

Joe Catalano
    Participant

Who did the bone marrow biopsy? Is that a doctor an oncologist or hematologist go to him or her and ask what they can do for you after they made their diagnosis

Ashley Moncrief

Hi Alissa,

My name is Ashley and I am the Director of Patient Care here at the MDS Foundation. I would be happy to help get you connected with a hematology group at one of our Centers of Excellence. Feel free to give me a call at 1-800-637-0839 ext. 210 if you would like to talk about some options.

Ashley

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert