MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

"Don't quit." "Keep playing."

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board "Don't quit." "Keep playing."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jimbob

The following was sent to me in an email. When I opened the email, a wonderful arrangement of “Twinkle, Twinkle Little star” was being played. I wish I could send that as well, and will if anyone asks for it by email so I can respond directly to them, but I wanted to share at least this part of the message.
    Jim

The Concert

When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that the child was missing. Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out “Twinkle,Twinkle Little Star.” At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy’s ear, “Don’t quit.””Keep playing.”

Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child, and he added a running obbligato. Together, the old master and the young novice transformed what could have been a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience. The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn’t recall what else the great master played. Only the classic, ” Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.”

Perhaps that’s the way it is with God. What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren’t always
    graceful flowing music. However, with the hand of the Master, our life’s work can truly be beautiful.

The next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You may hear the voice of the Master, whispering in your ear, “Don’t quit.” “Keep playing.”

May you feel His arms around you and know that His hands are there, helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces.

Remember, God doesn’t seem to call the equipped, rather, He equips the ‘called.’ Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire. So touch someone by passing this little message along.

May God bless you and be with you always! and remember, “Don’t quit.” “Keep playing.”

SandyB

JimBob:

Thank you so much for these great spirit uplifts. We need more of this thing to get each of through another challenging day.

Mike’s Dr. (Dr. Cripe) has mentioned the possibility of Procrit Injections. Do you know anything about these?

Mike has been holding his own, but all of the sudden his platelets are starting to fall. I know these injections are meant for RBC and not for platlets.

Terri

Thank you JimBob for the message, it was very uplifting.

John in GR

That was truly beautiful, Jimbob. My sentiments completely.

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert