MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Essiac Tea

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Essiac Tea

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    diner

Janet, Thanks for the hint on the tea.
    I asked my doctor about taking Essiac Tea and he said we are desperate and I can try whatever I want. He said the tea has been around for years. I called our health store and they have it in capsules so I’m going to pick some up soon. Have to have 2 units of red cells tomorrow. I started my 4th cycle of Vidaza today and so far, no luck, but I know the 4th cycle is the minimum to tell if it will help you. Dee

sugarwhale

Dear Dee,
    The capsules my mom takes are Esiak Caps, 450 mg. 4:1 Extracts. The bottle is manufactured by NOW Foods, Bloomingdale, Illinois 60108. Their Web site is: http://www.nowfoods.com.
    Dee, this doesn’t mean that another preparation isn’t better for you. All I can tell you is 1/ This is what works for my mom; 2/ Our M.D. in hematology/oncology says yes, it will work; and 3/I have talked to LOTS of people who say that it has SAVED them!
    You will get a possible mild stomach ache and sort of diarrhea after a week or so. This is a sign that the Essiac is working. The problems will subside gradually. But the Essiac is STILL working. Take it for the rest of your LONG life!
    Dee, you’re only one year younger than I am. We gotta stick together. Let me know how you make out! I hope you get better and live to a ripe old age!
    Your friend,
    Janet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert