MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Extra Chromosome 8?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Extra Chromosome 8?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    pigduck

Ok… has anybody out there tried a combination of topotecan and 5-azacytidine?

How were the results like?

Dad’s counts today were
    WBC – 11.5
    Platelets – 14
    Blasts – 20%

That’s from his blood test. he did his bone marrow test today.

pigduck

Do any of you experience pain in your legs and in your chest?

pigduck

So my father was diagnosed with fibrosis in the marrow yesterday.

From what I gather, besides a large mass growing on his bone, it is growing in other spots too…

His bone marrow results and blood results showed a blast of 13% and 16%. But I guess this is unimportant right now.

Have anybody experienced this before?

katiebear

I’m sorry Pigduck, I don’t know anything about fibrosis in the marrow. I just wanted to let you know that I follow your posts, and keep you and your dad in my prayers.

Katie

pigduck

Latest:
    Dad was admitted to ICU in Singapore this afternoon. It’s been a couple of hours and my mom and sister aren’t allowed into ICU.

My little sister and I are in Kuala Lumpur.

Dad needs lots of rest.

According to my mom, his blood pressure decreased all of a sudden and his heart rate increased. Not sure what this means. If any of you can enlighten, it’d be great.

Lots and lots of prayers are needed.

Thank you.

sdrake

My prayers are with your Dad and the rest of your family.

Take Care,
    Shari

pigduck

Hmm… my dad’s out of ICU.

They discovered the masses that are growing around his body are actually fungus and not bad cells that they previously thought. They were so certain it was leukemia. Anyway, they are treating with ambisome and posaconazole.

Anyway, do you guys do anything about your iron store? The last time my dad checked, his store was 17,000 and that’s considered high but they said the meds will take forever to work and didn’t want to tax my father with more meds. Do you think that’s wise? Do problems arise if one does not look at their iron?

They have also started on Vidaza with a higher dose again to see if they can bring down the blasts and the pain that my father is feeling.

In my opinion, I think it is the fact that the fungus is growing along his spinal cord that may be why my father is experiencing such pains…

Do any of your experience great and excrutiating pains with your MDS?

Yesterday:

WBC – 13.5
    Platelets – 8
    Peripheral Blasts – 5%

Not high at all… even the doctor admits… but he doesn’t want the WBC to go out of control… they are trying to locate the pain… they say the pain is related to leukemia…but he also admits that my dad’s WBCs aren’t really climbing… the day before yesterday, his WBC was 16 with a good percentage of neutrophils.

pigduck

Hello,

thought I’d let you know that my father fought the good fight, finished the race and kept the faith

– Oct 2, 2007.

i’ve been posting on the leukaemia boards so that’s why i didn’t post here sooner.

if you’d like to read the eulogies, i’d be happy to post them.

Bkwits

I’m so sorry for your loss. It must be especially hard to lose your father when he was so young. May God comfort you and give you peace.
    Barb

I, for one, would like to read the eulogies.

choijk

Pigduck,
    I have been following your posts and have read them on the leukemia forum as well. I am deeply saddened because I know how hard your father and your family fought the fight. May God give you and your family the strength…..

maueenh
    Participant

Pigduck,

I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Maureen

gemloyear

Pigduck,
    My sincere condolences to you and your family. Your Dad is now at peace, God Bless You.
    Ellie

pigduck

Because I am naturally long-winded, I will try to be brief.

When he arrived at the hospital (Oct 1) he was still stable but his condition worsened as the day progressed.

He passed away (Oct 2) morning from very low platelets and severe acidosis.

Please click on the links below:-

A more detailed description (I ranted a bit too long) – read “posted 10-10-2007 12:05 AM”
    http://ubb-lls.leukemia-lymphoma.org/ubb/Forum21/HTML/001049-4.html

In Loving Memory – Papa
    http://pigduck.com/blog/2007/10/09/in-loving-memory-papa/

In Loving Memory – Obituary & Acknowledgement
    http://pigduck.com/blog/2007/10/11/in-loving-memory-obituary-acknowledgement/

In Loving Memory – My Eulogy
    http://pigduck.com/blog/2007/10/18/in-loving-memory-my-eulogy/

pigduck
    pigduck
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert