MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Eyes Watering

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Eyes Watering

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terri

Anyone have a problem with eyes watering, Bobs one eye keeps watering he is trying not to rub it but pat it with a Gauze pad as the entire area around the eye is red. No swelling or anything just an annoying eye watering. I have gotten Eye Wash, I even got him a patch over the eye with the gauze under it so that it doesn’t annoy him so much. Doctor saw it and did not seem concerned
    Anyone else have any suggestions.

eve

terri

my dad had an ulceated cornea that started out with just a watering eye

bob’s is probably not that, but if it continues i would speak to his eye doctor – why should he be uncomfortable if there is something that can be done to help it

eve

eve

oops that word is supposed to be ulcerated

shirlsgirl

Hi Terri,

How’s Bob’s eye? Is it getting any better? Have you noticed if it waters more in the morning? My mom has had this problem, it started when she started Gleevec. In the morning her eyes were very puffy and she could literally express some water out by pushing up on a pocket of fluid under her eye. Thankfully, over time this has improved quite a bit. Is it possible that it is related to his increased dose of Vidaza?

Take care,

Jody

Russ P.

Hi Terri, I recall a post somewhere that some chemos can cause itching watery eyes. In those cases they were helped with an antihistamine.
    Russ

Jimbob

I had a watery eye for a while and also used eue drops and covered it to make it feeel better. Then I went to my eye doctor and he gave me antibiotic eye drops and told me NOT to cover it. That only made the environment more friendly for bacterial growth – darkness and warmth. I hope Bob’s eye is doing better by now.
    Jim

Terri

Bob’s eyes Actually got a Hemotoma a bruise he woke up and his whites looked all bloody. I was a wreck. The doctor looked at it, Checked his plts and they were down to 29 for Bob when he gets under the 30 mark with plts he starts having problems even though some people do fine at that level. They transfused plts. His eye is clearing up now and Actually we just came back from a week of relaxing vacation (After the dr gave us the Ok).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert