MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

flu like symtoms

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board flu like symtoms

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Allan Romriell
    Participant

Had DR apt on 10-17-17 and all blood counts were normal or close, hemoglobin a little low around 12 I think. I had been feeling very good for several weeks so was not surprised that blood counts were good. Saturday 10-21 started feeling king of achy like I was coming down with something, also short of breath. Didn’t sleep well sat night and was very tired sunday, still feeling short of breath very achy but no fever or anything. One strange thing since sunday morning I have several floaters in my eye, almost think something is moving in my peripheral vison. Feeling stronger today not so breathless just a little more tired than normal, eye floaters still there though. Any one out there ever experienced any thing like this. Frustrating not knowing if I am sick or its just effects of the MDS. If blood counts were that good wouldn’t think I should feel like this. I guess I should mention, mds-rs diagnosed in june after low blood counts at a physical in april of this yr.

Sherry Pratt
    Participant

Allan. I too had MDS RARS. I did get floaters and felt dizzy sort of lower more tired when my HGB would drop. After 2 years in my HGB got down to 6.5. At that point you really feel it. I got a stem cell transplant on Jan 3, 2017. Hgb now up to 13 and 14 sometimes 15. Almost back to normal as far as I feel. Feel free to email if you like. Pratt8075@gmail.com

Allan Romriell
    Participant

Sherry,
    Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear your transplant has been successful and you are much your old self. I will e-mail you with more questions I have, I know everyone’s road with this is somewhat different but it helps hearing of others experience, especially someone with the same variation as I have.
    Thanks again,

John Dyer
    Participant

I also have flu like symtoms for the last year. Talked with my Dr. and he said MDS or Revlimid will not cause these symtons. I did research and Revlimid will cause body aches. The Revlimid works well so I am still on it. To ease the body aches he gave oxycodone which I don’t like the way it makes feel but I still take 2 pain pills per day. Good luck

Allan Romriell
    Participant

Thanks John, through talking with other people I have found that there are many symtoms which Dr’s say aren’t part of the disease but many people experience. Thanks for your input and good luck to you too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert