MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

frequent coldness after desitabine treatment

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board frequent coldness after desitabine treatment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    clel

My husband has had two sessions of desitabine treatments . He did have some infections as side effects which have resolved but is now often very cold in his extremities. Does anyone have any ideas how we can combat this other than our use of heating pads? And ,is this a frequent side effect.

Hello clel

My dad just had his first session of Decitibine and now has a lung infection and is cold. We were even in Hawaii for 10 days and he still was cold, his red and platelets were down, but his white count was a little higher because it’s fighting the infection. I would like to know if this sickness is likely after every treatment. He did really well on the Vidaza but the doctor waited to long in between treatements and it seems it doesn’t work anymore. We are thinking of maybe trying the Vidaza that has just been approved through IV. He had to cancel his appointment to MD Anderson because of the infection and we hope we can reschedule a new one soon. Thanks for any information we are in the same boat.

clel

thanks for your note. I can only relate my husbands experience. On the two rounds of treatment of decitabine he developed the same infection which occurred about one week following treatment. His was a rectal abcess, which was none too pleasant. But was less of a problem on the second round .He is booked to begin another week next monday. He is also taking chelation theraphy which may be complicating the issues. While I do know his white count is low I am concerned over the constant coldness despite all the warmth which can be given him. Interesting for me to know your Dad is suffering the same coldness. Perhaps it is the medication. Good luck to him on the next round.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert