MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

In Clinical Trial at Houston MD Anderson

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board In Clinical Trial at Houston MD Anderson

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bexar2120
    Participant

Well, my TP 53 MDS progressed to Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) ( Oct 2023). This is what MDS does, goes to AML. I was on MDS treatment from Jan 2023 – Oct 2023, then after a bone marrow biopsy – my oncologist said go to Houston MD Anderson. Hospitalized from Nov 02, 2023 thru Jan 06 2024. The clinical trial drugs are investigational drug Uproleselan , and the FDA approved drugs Cytarabine and Cladribine.

Released and back at home. We are in a waiting pattern for up to 6 weeks to determine if the drugs are effective on TP53 AML. You do x3 a week blood draws to check WBC, Hgb and Plt counts. Currently I receive blood and platelet transfusions on a recurring basis.

A National Clinical Trial was only viable option in my case. Did not want a stem cell transplant with other person donor cells.

By the way, I had a bone marrow biopsy performed prior to discharge, just received electronic report that say’s sample was inadequate. Oh Well… very unfortunate.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert