MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Insurance approved transplant

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Insurance approved transplant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jeff b

Well the insurance company approved my transplant so I’ll be following Dennis down the transplant road.

My sister will coming up the second week of September to go through the collection process.

They say I will have to be supervised for 100 days after transplant so I’ll then be going in on October 3rd for preparation of the transplant on the 11th. This will make my 100 days end on my birthday in January so I will have two things to celebrate.

Jeff

sdrake

Best of luck, Jeff. My prayers are with you.

Shari

shirlsgirl

Hi Jeff,

Best of luck to you! Hope everything goes smoothly. If you get a chance, please update us on how you are doing.

Sending positive thoughts!

Jody

Terri

prayers will follow you.

willie

Jeff Do you have someone who is going to stay with you for the duration? Will you be administering the chemo yourself outside of the hospital or clinic? Most of the chemos are timed and some occur in the middle of the night. In my wife’s case I had to get up 1 1/2 hours prior to her dose time to give her a predose med. The 100 days will seem like a long time particularly when you come across some speed bumps – but you will get through it with the help of your caregiver and the institution. Godd luck and remember to keep walking while you are in the hospital even though you will not feel like it. Willie

jeff b

Willie,
    My wifes family live in Omaha and my mother with be coming up for a while from Illinois. So we will be able to rotate people.

I will be addmitted to the hosplital for the chemo. They are going to put in a port on the 3rd of Oct.. I’m not sure what the dosage schedule is for the chemo. I just know it will be 3 days of chemo a day of rest and then 3 days of chemo.

As for the walking I will try but I also have avascular necrosis in my hips, so I,m not sure how if at all the chemo will affect them.

jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert