MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Is anyone out there?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Is anyone out there?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mary4Mike
    Participant

Bob, What a schedule, but it sounds like you have it under control. Thank God, for people who donate blood! Have you had to stop working or have you adjusted your life to the transfusion regimen? Mike never stopped working through this whole process, even the transplant, but, he works for a very understanding company and they have gone along with the chemo days, transfusion days, hospital days, etc. We are thankful. He is going to retire in February. That is going to be an adjustment, but hopefully a good one.

Merry Christmas to you and your family (if you celebrate it)

Mary

bobweinberg

Mary, Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have not fully retired, but I have changed my status at work so that I am now working about 20% of the time that I used to work. It has been tough for me giving-up so much of my work, but I have a lot less stress now about the time it takes to deal with the disease.

Thanks for the good holiday wishes. We celebrate Chanukah, which is a festival of lights just like Christmas. My wife, daughter and I spent the holiday with my mom and my siblings and their spouses. It was very pleasant. Best of luck to Mike.

Bob

AB. SALEEM

Hello Bob : I regularly check this forum for new information. I have been off EXJADE 1500 mg/d due to elevated livir enzymes. Do you have any poblem taking 2500 mg/d of EXJADE ?

Ab. Saleem rars since 1995. blood tx 2 to 3 weeks. Currently on Decitibine 3 rounds.

Anneg

I am still here. and i check this site on a daily bases. Really not sure hoe to work Marrowforums.org. I’ve gone on the site. But it’s harder to use. Still trying to figure it all out. I am very computer stupid!!!!!!!! thanks guys for being there, GOD BLESS

bobweinberg

Dear Ab Salem,

I have been very lucky with the Exjade. My renal and hepatic counts are taken every month and have been normal.

Bob

Anneg

Hey Mary that’s fantastic. Keep it going. All My Best God Bless

Shelly23

I PROMISE TO PRAY FOR YOU.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert