MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

It's my turn

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board It's my turn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mamakayz

To anyone that’s been following my story, I go to Johns Hopkins for the start of chemo on 4/6 and the bmt happens on 4/13. WOW… scared ,thrilled ,and nervous. To all that answered my questions thanx! To those that are waiting, may your solutions happen soon! And let’s keep the faith for each other. I won’t have computer access after the 3rd of April so as soon as I get back I’ll be looking for good news from all. Goodbye, and whoever your GOD is my he or she bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie

mama,

You’ll do fine… can’t wait to hear your update when you come back.

We’ll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Carrie

Terri

We will continue our prayers for you, God Bless and you will be fine and we await your strong return

frank
    Participant

i will know my match result soon in Johns Hopkins, but i don’t know the successful(BMT) rate from them. i may be the next BMT person in there, too.

best wish…

Frank

Suzanne

You will do fine. If you can beg or borrow a lap top there is dial up computer access from the rooms. They actually have a computer in the room for their use for med records and orders that does have internet access. If you talk nice to your staff they may show you how to get out on the net. You are in a wonderful place. I believe my nurse practitioner might be on rounds on the transplant floor-if so I will ask of news of you when I am there. Good luck! Think positive!

Marsha

Nadine,

Good luck and prayers be with you as you follow along now on your journey. You will do fine just keep the spirit. The 100 days seems so far when you are in the first stages but it really does go fast. Looking forward to hearing how things went. God Bless

shirlsgirl

You’ll do great! Looking forward to hearing about your successful transplant. smile

take care, Jody

shirlsgirl

You’ll do great! Looking forward to hearing about your successful transplant. smile

take care, Jody

mommachkate

Nadine, Best wishes for your treatment, I will be thinking of you, and waiting to hear the good news. Kate

sarah

Will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. You will do great!
    Sarah

Jimbob

Nadine and Frank:
    Looking forward to hearing good news from both of you. will keep you in my prayers.
    Jim

mamakayz

Hello to all my new friends out their,I’m in the media room at the cancer center at Johns Hopkins and I can’t sleep because later today I get to see my family for the first time in days. That has been the worst so far. The busulfan hasn’t been bad. Sunday I’ll start with the cytoxin and that’s the drug that scares me. Then the fun begins. The hickman cath isn’t painful but the bruising is a bit more than I want my 7 year old to see. Wednesday is the bmt day so I’ll let you guys know how that goes when I can. But my better half papakayz pokes his nose in for me every now and then too. Hugs and prayers to all out there evertwhere!
    Nadine

Suzanne

Nadine, Glad to hear all goes well so far. See you on Friday if you are up to a few minutes of company.I am so used to wearing those masks that I don’t even notice I have one on. By then you will be through it all and waiting for results. Would you believe the waiting is often harder then going through the processes!?

sarah

Nadine, good to hear from you. Will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

geebeebee

Nadine, keep hanging in there — we’re all rooting for you!

Greg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert