MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

knee pain

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board knee pain

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sarah

My husband is experiencing severe pain in his left knee. Dr does not think it is related to MDS. Anyone else experience pain of this type?

Suzanne

Sarah, I have some mild pain in my left knee when I do stairs.Don’t think it is connected with the MDS either-maybe the chemo maybe I havve just worn some cushioning out like others my age.

Sarah,
    Has he stopped taking an arthritus meds, like neproxin? If he has, he may be experiencing a reaction to not taking the drug. It is not common but happens and happened to me. I don’t think it is because of MDS but the disease may have some influence on other causitive factors.

Neil

Aching joints and muscles is common with MDS patients. Most pain usually occurs in those areas that have the greatest bone mass. Hips, larger leg, shoulder bones.

Donna

Hi Sarah,
    Mom had many sleepless nights because of the relentless leg cramping, it was very painful for her. I geuss like Neil mentioned, it is common. Nothing she took helped with the pain. The only thing that provided some relief was massage.

Donna

Terri

Sara, My husband had this nothing to do with the MDS, went to the Orthopedic he has arthritis in the knee area. He got a shot of cortizone.

sarah

Thanks everyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert