MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Looks like it is a go for BMT

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Looks like it is a go for BMT

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Just had word this afternoon from my Dr. that Kaiser is going to give the go ahead for a donor search for a BMT. They want to do more cardio consultations but it looks like we are going for it! I still have a lot of concerns but I guess you don’t get rid of those – just deal with them as best you can.

Had another BMB a week ago. With only partial results in so far, the DNA looks a little worse with increased abnormal cells but until the Dr. gets the complete package he isn’t telling me much.

Bill

Suzanne

Bill ,I think we always have doubts and fears no matter what course of treatment we follow because people react so differently and the outcome for any of us is uncertain.I hope you find a match so that you have the choice to proceed. Good luck. We will be watching for progress reports.

Carrie

Good luck! I’ll be thinking of you.

Carrie

Terri

Same here, Good luck and I hope all goes well, will continue to pray

sarah

Bill, Best of luck founding a match. Those fears and doubts are normal feelings. Will be watching for updates from you.
    Take care,
    Sarah

Marsha

Bill,

Good luck in your search,you will always have concerns but as time goes on things will get better and so will you. I pray for you and your wife as it isn’t easy for caregivers either, that you find the perfect match and can be on the road to health again

Joannie

I just have to add my best wishes and luck to you! Take care. Joan

shirlsgirl

Hi Bill,

Good luck! I hope they find a perfect match and I hope everything goes smoothly. Like everyone else, I’ll be following your posts.

Take care, Jody

Donna

Hi Bill, Wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you as well. Hope you find a match and that everything goes as smoothly as possible. One day at a time, that’s all any of us can do.

Best wishes to you and Mary,
    Donna

DonUK

I wish you the very best of luck Bill. There are concerns, but hey, the positives sure outweigh them !

Jimbob

Bill,
    Wishing and praying for the best for you. I hope to be able to be posting in a motorhome somewhere on the west coast myself soon. Would be nice to see how often our paths cross over the next 20 or so years.
    Jim

geebeebee

Best of luck with a donor, Bill. We’ll all be rooting for you.

Greg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert