MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Low risk MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Low risk MDS

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    buddy west
    Participant

Has anyone been to UVA Charlottesville. Dr Keng?

Robin Smith
    Participant

Hello Buddy. I’ve been going to UVA for a little over two years now. I see Dr. Firas El Chaer who I believe is in the same department as Dr. Keng. I’ve not seen Dr. Keng, however I’ve had an extremely good experience at the UVA cancer center and certainly with Dr. El Chaer. So far, everyone there has been very caring and professional. Sending you my very best.. take good care, Robin

buddy west
    Participant

Thank you Robin, do you get yearly BNB at UVA? You are on wait and see also?

Robin Smith
    Participant

I’ve had two BMB so far (diagnosed in 2019). One at St. Mary’s in Richmond and one at UVA ordered by Dr. Michael Williams, the doctor I initially saw there. At my last visit with Dr. El Chaer, in early January, he didn’t mention setting up a BMB so neither did I 🙂 My next appt. is scheduled for early April so I’m thinking he’ll say something about it then, if he intents a BMB to become an annual test. I’ve not been on watch and wait. My hemoglobin was low at the time I was diagnosed so I began 20 units of Procrit on a weekly basis. Grateful I’ve had a good response with it for a little over two years now. I’m also low risk, btw. Happy to see you’re on watch and wait and hope that status remains for a good long time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert