MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS and liver disease and kidney failure

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS and liver disease and kidney failure

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Karen Warwick
    Participant

My mom has MDS. Recently she was hospitalized for unknown seizure episode. She was admitted and had another seizure episode. Lots of doctors involved. One day you get told one thing, the next day it’s something else. Her bilirubin is high, liver enzymes elevated, ferritin high, and urea is high. Ammonia levels were at 200. But now that she has all this, they won’t continue with vidaza. My question is, what is her life expectancy? Doctors have not met with us. We were told shes a mystery. The nurses dont know the difference between keppra and lactulose and the whole time the different doctors contradict each other. I think my mom is going to die at Wilson memorial hospital in johnson city by. It looks like she has liver disease and kidney failure on top of mds.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert