MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS and weird dreams

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS and weird dreams

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joe Catalano
    Participant

I sleep very poorly because I have the most vivid, weird dreams, and I attribute it to my MDS. In the mornings, I am very fatigued and my head is confused takes me a while to clear up some overall vague, body ache anybody with similar symptoms.

sandyg
    Participant

hi joe, i’m not sure about your dreams (mine have always been vivid and bizarre), but your other symptoms ring a bell. i tell people it’s like having a hangover and a bad cold at the same time. so, here’s what i do. maybe some of it will work for you. 1. don’t rush. i like to imagine there’s a big neon flashing sign on my bedroom wall that says ‘GO SLOWLY.’ 2. after breakfast i do about twenty minutes of deep breathing, followed by about a half hour of tai chi exercises. i guess any gentle stretching or moving exercises would do just as well, there’s plenty of on-line videos to look at, to hopefully find something to suit you. the breathing and moving really, really make a difference for me. i feel so much more human afterwards. 3. if anyone tries to make any kind of appointment with me in a morning, i do all i can to disabuse them of that notion. even my friends and family know not to trouble me with calls or visits until after midday. sometimes i’m not even coherent enough to have a conversation before then. 4. i manage my daily activity. if i go to the market to buy greengrocery on monday, i know i won’t be able to make it there again without feeling rubbish until friday. if i do a coupla hours gardening one day, best to do only twenty minutes the day after or i’ll suffer for it. 5. eat well. i have no sugar or processed foods, and very few heavy carbs.

i call all of that the dr. dre method diet. rest. exercise. hope you find your own ways to feel better. best wishes

Joe Catalano
    Participant

Thank you I just read this for the first time so I haven’t tried what you suggest but it sounds inviting and I have a sense it will help. I sounds like you films. Something that works well for you. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes to you God bless.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert