MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

mds forum

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board mds forum

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    eve

it upsets me to see people leaving this forum because their opinions have been attacked

i have learned so much from this forum – some of the advice i don’t agree with, but i have the choice to do that

let’s not forget the main purpose of this forum – to support each other through tough times and to exchange information –

so let us just accept everyone’s opinion as just that — an opinion

and let us continue to go forward in our battle with love in our hearts and peace in our word

thanks
    eve

chuckk333

Eve,

Amen to your post. People are entitled to there opinions, but no one has the right to attack anyone personally. Plese lets just do what we can to support and help each other with love.

Chuck

Frankie

Political attacks and name calling should never be tolerated.
    There are many who peruse this forum and do not post. You never know who is reading what you write….perhaps the vulnerable and desperate.

-Frankie

Jack_dup1

Eve,
    If I offended someone, I apologize. I felt I was being singled out for my opinion, which I will continue to voice and I won’t wait until my counts are at zero to do it, they will be there soon enough. I don’t agree with name calling or personal attacks. I also don’t agree with stating an opinion as fact. We are all desperate for answers and we are all in this battle together.
    Jack

shirlsgirl

Hi Eve and Chuck,

Chuck you say that people are entitled to their opinion. I totally agree with you. I am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours etc..

Some may call it an arguement…I prefer to call it a discussion. It’s important to see ALL sides not just one side and I see nothing wrong with challenging some ideas and voicing a different opinion.

I personally find Marla’s reaction puzzling. She wrote “I’ve seen annoying arguements on this list”. Didn’t she participate in most of the heated exchanges? She has some very strong opinions, that she is absolutely entitled to. Just as we are all entitled to our opinions.

I think we can all agree that John’s passing is very sad and we will miss him. Marla is very good at twisting things…I see no disrespect directed at John or his family.

I agree with you Jack. “We are all desperate for answers and we are all in this battle together”

We are friends trying to help one another. (cheesy but true)

Respectfully,

jody

riley

Eve, thanks for opening this post. Count me among those who share your point of view on this topic.

Our common enemy is MDS…not each other. I think we all need to try to be mindful of that before we post.

A difference of opinion respectfully stated and healthy dialogue can be very helpful. I wish that all of us on this board could exchange information, celebrate each other’s successes and mourn each other’s losses without passing judgement. I wish we could all agree to end to the name calling, foul language and personal attacks. A supportive environment can’t exist as long as those things continue.

Nicole

Terri

This forum has been just a great help for me. It has been over 3 years since Bob’s dx and I have learned so much from others. I feel so close to everyone as we are sharing our experiences and I am saddened by all of those we have lost. I give thanks to all of those brave caregivers after losing a loved one to come back to this forum and continue to support the rest of this family battling this terrible disease. If everyone didn’t share their different treatments and ideas I don’t thing I would know as much as I do to help Bob and I thank each and everyone of you.
    We have had so many ups and downs, I get frightened and then this forum gives me the strength to continue the fight.
    God bless

sandra m

Terri….AMEN…

we all need one another’s thoughts and a place to share our frightened thoughts and learn different avenues , what treatments work for one may not work for another, as we all have learned, as long as open communication about our feelings get respected there should be no hard feelings twords one another. with that being said…. let’s all be thatnkful for each and every morning that we open our eyes to make it through another day smile

Jimbob

something to think about
    as to how we treat each other

http://www.thedashmovie.com

campbell

I visit this site often, actually each day because my husband has MDS and is going down fast… I read all the posts and have learned so much and I also find that when someone has a different view that is OK. We are all different and what works for one does not work for all. The will to live and cooperation from the patient is really the determining factor for the caregiver. So from my point of view… I want to hear it all… it makes me stop and think for myself. So please share it all, there are lots of us who read and don’t post often.

Terri

Jimbob, Thank you for the Link,

Kathy G

Jimbob-

Thank you for posting that link. I cried through most of it. I haven’t posted in awhile – I am approaching the 1st anniversary of my Dad’s death Dec 20th and it’s very difficult. He & I followed this board almost daily and it was such a help to us in so many ways. I was so sorry to read of John’s death – I must have missed the original post. When I look back at the losses suffered on this board it is quite overwhelming. Terri I am happy to read that Bob is hanging in there. I have continued to read posts from time to time. I hope and pray that the upcoming holidays are joyous ones for all.

Kathy in TN

Bkwits

Hello Kathy,

My husband passed just about 2 weeks before your Dad. He had been in the hospital for over two months. Every holiday from Halloween through Christmas is very tough, especially Thanksgiving, but I will be with family on that day.

May God bless and keep you.
    Barb

Kathy G

Thanks Barb-
    You are so right – as Thanksgiving approaches it’s getting harder – I was last with him on Thanksgiving week and had to take him to the hospital the day after where we found out it was full blown AML. I still cry almost daily and miss him so much. I’m trying to focus on the good days we had.

God bless you and your family

Kathy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert