MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS Meds

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    coaster22
    Participant

I’m MDS RARS. Why is my Aranesp failing to help me? Anyone have experience with this?

Jackie
    Participant

How long have you been getting Aranesp shots? I just had my 7th one. They seem to help some, although there are no miracles. I have slightly more energy within several days of receiving my shot. I am told by my Oncologist that when they stop being effective, they can add something to the shot to help raise my Hemoglobin level.

What does you hemoglobin usually read?

simpsonshe
    Participant

I have RARS MDS also. I have been taking aranesp for two years. In Aug of 2014my dr at the mayo clinic recommended I take a shot of neupogen along with my aranesp shot. It seems to help give me more energy. I take my shots every 2weeks. They seem to keem my hemo in the 10’s. It is not always a given though. I took my shots yesterday and was very tired today. I took a 4 hr nap.

Jackie
    Participant

Which Mayo Clinic do you go to? The one in Minnesota or the one in Jacksonville, FL? I am in Florida and have gone to Shands in Gainesville, FL. My regular oncologist is in Thomasville, GA.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert