MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Mom with MDS – Information needed

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Mom with MDS – Information needed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mkazi

My mom 70 yrs was diagnosed with MDS more than 2 yrs ago. Initailly she started getting transfusions and then was put on Aranesp to improve her Hb. Till then all counts were OK except Hb. Then Aranesp bumped up the Hb count and her other counts WBC started on a rocky road. She is now on Thalodimide and Urea for 7 weeks. Q: Has anyone been on this combination?
    Q: Can anyone share their views and any information which may help.
    Q: Has any tried complementary therapy as yet?
    Any information can help.

I am absolutely overwhelmed at the postings on the web site and my prayers are with all of you.

Terri

Hi Mkazi, When I first found this site when my husband was diag. I knew nothing about the disease and it frightened me on what I was finding and reading. It took me a while here even to figure out the lingo that was being used tx, dx bmb, etc etc. But there are so many helpful people that will help you get through this and support you.
    Bob is on Vidaza so I can’t really answer your questions, We are doing Complementary therapy in the way of a Nutritional diet, vitamins and supplements. We have a Nutritionist.

God Bless

Kathryn

Hey, as far as the meds. go, my father wasn’t ever on any combination, at least that I am aware of.

This is a wonderful forum for info. & support. My questions & need for encouragement never go unanswered. Also, I have found that doing a Google search over and over (phrased differently)will find you all kinds of info. as well.

I highly recommend a nutritionist. My father’s oncologist’s office has one and I would assume that most do, since nutrition for cancer & treatment might be more complex. My dad takes Juice Plus pills as a supplement, but opted not to work w/ the nutritionist.

My prayers & best wishes are w/ you and your mother,

Kathryn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert