MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Nutrition Tip For John in GR

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Nutrition Tip For John in GR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tahoedonner

Hi John,

Hope you had a grand 4th!

I gave in and took your advice re seeing a Nutritionist! He said that the proper ratio re sesame seeds and pinapples is one to one….one pinapple to one sesame seed. Out here in California we are right next to Hawaii so the pinapples are not too expensive. (Where do sesame seeds come from? Wasn’t there something about them in The Arabian Nights?)

My Nutritionist also advised me to eat some yeast and shoe polish each night at bed time. He said if I did so, I’d be sure to rise and shine in the morning!

OK…..I promise to be more serious next time.

Terri

Thanks for the chuckles can’t wait to see Johns rely. We need some humor.
    However I agree so with John regarding the Vitamins and supplements, How are you doing on the Vidaza

John in GR

Dear Tah,

I have researched your Nutritionist’s advice extensively, and must disagree. It is my understanding that according to Quackwatch, shoe polish should only be used topically as prescribed by your shoemaker.

I did have a very nice fourth, thank you.

John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert