MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Prayers for my Dad

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Prayers for my Dad

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kathy G

I haven’t posted in awhile as there has not been any good news but I have been reading faithfully. My Dad is one of those with the disease that reads the board and I didn’t want him to know the heartbreak I’m feeling. Unfortunately he has evolved to full AML and he also has lymphoma and it has also added complications. He went to the hospital the day after Thanksgiving for a few days but is home now. Hospice is now coming to the house and everyone is trying to keep him comfortable.
    I just want to ask for prayers – this is so difficult and my heart is just breaking. He has fought so hard and was so hopeful that Revlimid would be the answer – unfortunately he’ll won’t get that chance. He is still going to get transfusions and will have one on Monday. We have learned so much from this board and felt the heartbreak of so many.
    My heart goes out to all of you this holiday season – this is not easy but I am hopeful that someday there will be a cure for this disease.

Kathy G

Ensnee

Kathy, I’m so sorry your beloved dad is so sick.
    It’s especially difficult to bear during the holidays. I sending you, your dad and your family peaceful vibes and the hope that he remains comfortable.

many hugs,
    Esme

Carrie

Kathy,

I understand. I’m thinking of your dad and your family.

Prayers for a peaceful passing.

Love,
    Carrie

eve

kathy

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

eve

gemloyear

Kathy, My prayers are with you and your Dad also.I too pray for a cure some day, or at least a good treatment to prolong life.
    Blessings to all,Ellie

karenkay

Kathy,
    God bless and comfort your dad, you, and your loved ones. I share your pain.
    Prayers for all of us,
    karenk

CarolineG

Kathy,

My prayers are with you, your Dad and your family. I understand how you feel.

Blessings,
    Caroline

sugarwhale

Dear Kathy,
    I’m so very, very sorry and I want you to know that you and your Dad are in my heart.
    There is also a great deal of ANGER in my heart. Even now, as we write to each other and share our feelings, Washington bureaucrats are SITTING on the approval of Revlimid. It’s ready to be distributed. Celgene is waiting. We are waiting. They are FORCING us to wait, endlessly wait. I am angry that no one in Washington cares about us. Maybe some of you think I’m wrong. I don’t know. But my mom needs Revlimid desperately and is not eligible for clinical trials. No one cares. Well, Kathy, I care.
    ~~~ Janet

patti

Janet,

I understand you’re angry, but I also understand why the FDA is waiting on this. With the tremendous amount of testing that goes into a drug so many things can be learned. How many drugs have been pulled from the market in the past year because people were dying after taking them? Heart attacks? Stomach bleeding? There’s 3 that I can think of and that’s just in the last year. I’m sure there are more. While I think the FDA is a farse in general I do understand they are trying to avoid a pummeling of lawsuits by people who take these drugs and are hurt by them. If congress wants to change the tort laws so that damages are limited when people sue then I’m all for it. Maybe then drug companies will kick stuff out faster knowing they have some protection or limited liability. People scream for these drugs and then get angry when something terrible happens because of taking the drug. We can’t have it both ways. We’re waiting on revlimid too, but I’d rather they experiment on those that want to be experimented on then on my MIL who wants no part of the experimentation. Just my two cents worth.

Hang in there Kathy, this is a difficult time.

Patti

shirlsgirl

Dear Kathy,

I’m so sorry. Hoping your Dad is comfortable… praying for a miracle. Thinking of you and your family…

Take care,

Jody

Sandy L

Ahhh Kathy,

So sorry to hear your news. I will be praying for you and your Dad.

Kathy G

Thank you all for you prayers – he is hanging in there and I think is comfortable with the pain meds. They tried morphine but it was too strong. I talk to him daily and my brothers are currently there taking turns staying with him and my Mom. I am heading down there on Wed for 11 days (more if needed). His spirits are pretty good and so many people have stopped by to see him or call him. He is a much loved man and it makes me proud to call him MY DAD.
    I pray that each of you is able to find some peace this holiday season – I realize each of us is struggling with our own emotional rollercoasters but the support from this group has always been wonderful.
    Again thank you for your prayers and I’m know my Dad thanks you too – he has learned so much from this board.

Kathy

CarolineG

Hi Kathy,

I will be thinking about you over the holiday season and I will continue to pray for you, your Dad and your family.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert