MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Procrit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lindajo

My hematologist is recommending that I start on Procrit.

Can anyone tell me how it is covered for MDS patients on Medicare? Part B or Part D?

Did anyone have difficulty recently getting coverage on private major medical for Procrit?

What was your cost? What side effects did you run into?

The hospital is working on answering the coverage questions for me, but I wonder what others have run into.Linda

billboy
    Participant

Hi Linda,

My Procrit injections were covered by Medicare Part B since I received same at a medical facility. There was no resistance to pay by either Medicare or my medigap insurance. Neither was there any out of pocket charge for the drug (except of course the Medicare deductible). I did not experience any side effects – too bad it didn’t work for me. Hope you respond well.

lindajo

Thank you for responding. Linda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert