MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Question…

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Question…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn

Hi everyone, my dad went to the doc. today and is on his 4th day of Trisenox. His platelet count was down to 5 on Monday so he had a tx. and today they were up to 20. His reds were low today so he will probably receive a tx. of blood on Monday. So far he hasn’t experienced any noticable side effects from the Trisenox. I spoke w/ an oncology nurse at the American Cancer Society – 24 hour call line! – and she said that this med. is used on older patients when other meds. are not effective or would be too risky to use. She also answered the rest of the many questions I had…. frown

I have since thought of one that I didn’t think to ask her. When the organs begin to be affected, can there be swelling that could cause the patient to feel pressure on the organs below, like the bladder or pains in the bowels?

Well, I hope you all are having a pleasant evening…. Thanks so much for your support…

Kathryn

mommachkate

Hi Kathryn,
    George had a lot of problem with that pressure in the bowels. It was a really anoying discomfort and some pain also. Finally we asked the doctor, wether it could be from gases. He said, yes, some of this medicine causing a lot of gas. He said take some gas relief pills(anything with simethicone in it). That was the end of this problem.Of cause , you have to make sure, that the doctor checks your Father problem. It could be something else.I hope the trisenox will help him. My best wishes, Kate

Suzanne

I know they always checked my spleen for swelling-lower left side. The drugs can cause a problem there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert