MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Referrels

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Referrels

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Susie

Has anyone had any experiences with getting a referrel from Kaiser for a second opinion? I am hoping to get one for my mom to Stanford. Kaiser has put my mom on hospice and has quit all treatment, but I feel as though there is more that can be done. Thanks!

jaxem

susie
    why do you have to get the referral from kaiser?? why not get one yourself & go to whomever you please? is it an insurance reimbursement issue?

Susie

The out of pocket expense to go to Stanford is extremely high and my parents are on a fixed income, so we were hoping to get a referrel and have Kaiser cover it. But I think it’s going to be a lost cause frown

choijk

Susie,

My father is under the HMO system and we are treating at Kaiser in Los Angeles. I tried getting a referral outside of Kaiser but no such luck. I hope you are able to have better luck

willie

Susie When we tried Stanford as an alternate facility, they would not take a patient without a doctor referral. It was also hard to get past the voice mail setup. When my wife was treated at the SCCA there were others there that were referrals from Stanford. Best of luck for your mom. Willie

Susie

We have the option to make an appointment on our own, but a consultation is $700+, which is duable. But if treatment is done I’m afraid to see what the costs would be.

cthomas555

Susie, I don’t know if it would help but I would contact the patient liaison at the MDS Foundation and maybe she could direct you to the right resource for assistance with this issue.

patientliaison@devmdsfound.org.php53-13.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com

Phone within the US: 1-800-MDS-0839
    Outside the US only: 1-609-298-6746
    Fax: 1-609-298-0590

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert