MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

revilmid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    campbell

Hello, I am new to this board. My husband has MDS unclassified …he is tx dependent every 2-3 weeks. He feels bad all the time with headaches and he now has a breakout of pimples on his face and head. He is 65 yrs old and was diagnosed last Nov. I know he has had this much longer than that. He is going on Revilmid and I am so worried about the side affects. Can someone pls talk to me about your personal experence with this drug. He feels so bad now…..just wonder how much more he can take.

Frankie

I have had MDS-RARS with 5q deletion for 12 years now.
    I was getting blood transfusions every 14 days for many years.
    I started Revlimid last May and haven’t needed blood since….that’s over 5 months!
    I have a few side effects but tolerable…like some bone and joint aches and diarrhea with cramps.
    My RBC (Hemoglobin, Crit, etc) is way up but white count is still a bit low.
    To me, it’s a miracle drug!!

Frankie

sugarwhale

Dear Campbell,
    My mom has been taking 10 mg. of revlimid per day. She is doing wonderfully. Her last transfusion was March 21. She will be 89 in a few weeks. True, she had a few side effects (notably, itching). But now her fatigue comes only from doing heavy yard work!
    I agree with Frankie: It’s a miracle drug.
    ~~~ Janet

Naomi

I have been on revlimid since 11/03. I recently had a set back (I think it was from exjade) but am now once again, tx free. My counts are coming back up. It has been a very good drug for me. My side effects are tolerable. I have beaten the longevity estimates with the revlimid.
    Naomi

Frankie

You go, girl, Naomi…..congrats!!!!

Frankie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert