MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Revlimid trial

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Revlimid trial

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Naomi

Hi to all;
    I was told by the trials coordinator today that the Phase II revlimid trial is continuing. Anyone who is TX DEPENDENT AND HAS 5q- can contact Connie Sparks at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester NY and ask her about the details. For those living out of the area there is always the angel flights that help you get to a place for treatment. One thing, Celegene does reimburse for some of the costs.

I told Connie today that I would put this info on the forum. They are looking for MDS patients for the continuing trial.

Naomi

JulieMarie

Naoomi,

That is wonderful news!!! My mom is 5q- but has only had one transfusion so far back in January. Her hemoglobin is hanging right there at 9.0 for the past few weeks. Almost want it to drop down so they would start her on transfusions just so she could get into this clinicial trial. Do you know a number I can call Connie at so I can ask her some questions.

Thanks for everything you’ve done!

Suzanne

You can usually find a list of where the trials are and the contact people on http://www.clinicaltrials.gov

JulieMarie

Hi everyone!

Naomi gave me contact information for Connie, my mother called today and they took down her information since they are just gathering information right now, but said someone will be getting back with her next week. I”ll be on here a few different times over the weekend so if you want further information feel free to give me a buzz…

Naomi,

Do you think Connie Sparks at Rochester would be able to give me Revlimid? I could get to Rochester from UK, but can’t find her name on Strong Memorial website to contact her. Can you help at all?

Naomi

Hi Sophie:
    Connie is a trial coordinator. The doc is the one to prescribe the revlimid. This is an extension of the trial that I have been on.
    You can reach Connie at Connie_Sparks@URMC.Rochester.edu and she will answer questions for you.
    The requirement for this trial is to be transfusion dependent and have 5q- as your diagnosis.
    Hope this helps
    Naomi

Fran

Hello Naomi:

Husband is 73, diognoised with MDS about 3 months ago. Will start on Vidaza Nov. 10th. He hasn’t had a blood test for over 1 month now and the DR still wants to start him on Vidaza anyway. He has a bad heart and he only gets tired sometime. Any idea’s on what he can do would be appreciated.
    Thanks..His wife…Fran

Carl

Sophie,

If you are interested, there are some trials in the UK and Europe for Lenalidomide (Revlimid).

Go to the link:http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00179621?order=11

Naomi & Carl
    Thank you both. The trials in UK/Europe are taking forever to get underway, that’s why I was thinking of coming to USA. Will try emailing Rochester and see what happens.
    All the best
    Sophie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert