MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Revlimid

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Naomi

Hi to all:
    Just want to pass on the info that I received from my doc and the pharmacist who gives me my revlimid.
    Dr Bennett,head of MDS research at U of Rochester, went to the preliminary hearings mid Sept at the FDA committee that passes on whether to approve or not. He came back and reported that it is being sent on with recommended approval. This will only be given to patients with the 5q- who are dependent on tx to survive. It is only going to be carried by two pharmacies in the country. Do not know if hospital pharmacies will be carrying it. In order to get revlimid, docs will have to send patients counts, diagnosis and some history.
    It is going to be very strictly monitored.
    I have been on revlimid for 23 months(24 – 4 week cycles) and am continuing for another two years. I feel very fortunate as it has put me in remission. I have blood carrying red cells through my body. A year after I was diagnosed, I had to quit wearing my contact lenses. I have started to wear them once again, so it must be doing some good. laugh
    I hope this helps some of you on the forum and is not a big disappointment to those looking for revlimid to be taken by all.
    If you have any questions, you may contact me and I will try to help with what I know and have been told.
    Naomi

Suzanne

Naomi, Glad to hear that you are still doing well.

shirlsgirl

Hi Naomi,

So glad to hear that you are still in remission, awesome!! You are the Revlimid poster girl smile Your story gives others with 5q hope for remission too.

Take care,

Jody

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert