MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Some Hopeful News re: Hans

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Some Hopeful News re: Hans

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    karenkay

Yeah, Hans!! Enjoy every moment at home. I am so happy for you both! I hope he continues to feel so good!
    God bless,
    karenk

gemloyear

Dana, I’m sorry to hear that your son has MDS.We will pray for him to recover quickly from his infection so that he can come home for Christmas.I wish you and your family happy holidays.Ellie

gemloyear

Esme, I am glad to hear that Hans is doing so well. You both have a lot to be thankful for right now, keep up that optimisim. Happy holidays,
    Ellie

Suzanne

Dana, I too cannot imagine dealing with this disease with one so young but I do know you have gotten some of the best care available on the east coast. I have my last bmb of the year today and will be thanking the team at Hopkins for an unbelievably wonderful year of enjoying my life. I will be thinking of your son and hoping that he has a full and happy life with a completely successful transplant. I think I understand that a little mild GVHD is a good thing.Happy holidays. Give him a hug for us all!

Jimbob

Esme,
    Glad to hear that Hans is home and feeling good. Hope and pray it continues to get better every day.
    Jim

Sandy L

Esme,

So glas to hear that Hans is coming home. I have been following the forum from Aruba and with such sad news about Joe and Luke I feel so guilty that we are having such a great time. I feel so bad that they lost their courageous fight.

Enjoy the holidays and good luck with the BMB

Ensnee

It’s been a busy weekend, having a birthday party for our daughter, Martha, who is now 18! We had friends and family over yesterday. They were all overjoyed to see Hans at home and looking well. Hans, himself, was pretty quiet, and stayed in his corner of the couch, mostly. And he was VERY quiet after they all left. I could feel a bit of depression and worry stewing in him. He left very early this morning with his brother, back to PMH for another day of blood tests, a dose of AEG35156, and a BMB. I hope his levels have gone up — he’s been having the pineapple and Chinese herbal blood tonic pills.
    Thanks, everyone, for your continued support and prayers.

Dana, I’m very sorry that your little boy has so much to deal with at his young age. It’s so hard when your child has problems — you’d do anything to help them. As others have said, he has his youthful resilience to help him along. Sending you many healing thoughts and prayers.

many hugs,
    Esme

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert