MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Strange things on CBC

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Strange things on CBC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Palacelaw

Hi,

My mother received her latest CBC result last Friday. On it she noticed several new things: 3+anisocytosis, 2+ macrocytosis, slight poiklocytosis and basophillic stippling present. Does anyone know what any of these mean? Thanks for your help.

Terri

If Neil Comes on I am sure he will have an answer for you, Sorry I could not be of help

gemloyear

Hi, I’ve been trying to find those tests on the internet also, so far I havn’t found anything. Doc has been taking those on a regular basis. I’m going to try to find out at the next appt.Perhaps Neil will come on with some inf. Anyone know,help ?

Ellie

sarah

Palace, my husband had this early in diagnosis. Poiklocytosis means change in shape. Basophilllic stippling is fine, medium or coarse blue granules with uniform distribution within the red cell.Anisocytosis ia a condition that is characterized by a considerable variation in the size of cells, especially red blood cells. Macrocytosis is presence of cells with an abnormally high mean corpuscular volume.

gemloyear

Thank you Sarah, where did you find this info?

Ellie

shirlsgirl

Hi guys,

If you put RBC morphology in a search engine (ie.Google) you’ll find the info…Or if you also put in MDS you’ll see morphology typical in MDS patients.

Jody

sarah

I researched this a few years back when my husband was first dx’d. This showed up on CBC on RBC morphology. Just do a search engine it will come up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert