MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

The prayers are working!!!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board The prayers are working!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

He got off the respirator on Saturday and he is in a regular room again. He’s got a long road ahead of him, though. He has no strength and can’t even feed himself. His spirits are low still and he’s scared. He’s kind of out of it and can’t remember one moment from another.

But his fever is gone, his kidneys are better, his white counts are finally getting toward normal smile .

They’re still not sure what caused the infection but the respiratory failure was caused by fluid build up. His adrenal gland didn’t secrete the chemical required to flush his system of the fluids. So they put him on a steroid (permanently) to kick the adrenal gland into action. He never had a pulmonary embolism (whew).

Thank you for your prayers. We had people praying all over the country and I think it’s helping!

Love,
    Carrie

gemloyear

Carrie, I’m so happy that your dad is improving. I think all the meds have a lot to do with the memory loss. Hopefully that will improve also.Praying that he makes a complete recovery.
    Ellie

shirlsgirl

Carrie,

That’s great news! So glad to hear that your Dad’s getting better!

Cheers,

Jody

Kathryn

Oh Carrie, I am so glad for you, your dad & your family! I agree w/ Ellie, the meds. really make thinking and interacting difficult. As the meds., expecially the sedative, wear off, he should be feeling better… I know the sense of relief your heart must feel.

You all have my continued prayers and best wishes for much better days ahead!!

xo,

Kat.

ButchL
    Participant

Carrie:

Great news! I will keep up the thoughts and prayers…..

Butch

riley

Wonderful news, Carrie! My prayers for all of you will continue.

Nicole

Suzanne

I know it must be a relief. I am pulling for him!

Terri

So Happy to hear the good news, still here for you

DonUK

Fantastic Carrie……never ever give up.

KATHY1

So glad to hear you Dad’s getting better. Continued prayers.

Kathy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert